Senior Director, Technical Operations
Implementation of Process Analytical Technologies necessary for robust manufacturing and COG minimization, trouble shooting and problem solving to ensure reliability at CMO manufacturing sites. Provides leadership on production campaigns, and coordinates COGs reduction strategies. The person in this role will coordinate product manufacturing, commercial packaging, and product release in assistance with Quality Control and Quality Assurance. He/she will be responsible for inventory and supply chain management. The person will interact very closely with key stakeholders in R&D, technical operations product management, and supply chain function. The person will ensure communication flow, resolve issues and understand inputs affecting the outsourcing activities.
The individual in this position will lead the contract development operations team to support development and support corporate outsourcing strategy.
1) Support CMO selection decisions for project-specific commercial manufacturing operations
2)Foster a culture of high performance across all CMO stakeholders. Build and cultivate a strong network among R&D, technical functions, QC, QA, and management of project teams
3) Demonstrate business and operational leadership capabilities.
4) Technical Experience in solidoral dosage forms including oral thin films, transdermal system, product manufacturing, process engineering, and validation processes.
5) Ability to travel approximately 20%. (or living near CMO site.)
Education and Experience:
1) Ph.D. degree in Engineering and/or MBA in General Management
2) >15 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including Technical Operations and Manufacturing. Experience in managing a CMO/CRO network is a plus
Submitting Resumes by Mail:
BioDelivery Sciences International
Attn: Office Manager
801 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 210
Raleigh, NC 27607
Submitting Resumes Online: